Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tea Milk and Honey Workshop

Hey everyone! If you are coming to my Tea Milk and Honey workshop, I've updated my page on materials here: http://citizensketcher.wordpress.com/class-notes/

I'm sorry to say this technique calls for a lot of stuff a sketcher might not usually have. Watercolor paper, real brushes and palette ect.

Please have a read over those notes if you're not an experienced watercolorist.

Things I'm doing to save weight for Brazil (Heat and Crime considerations): A: bring smaller backing boards. I've gone down to 12x14" (for 1/6 sheets of watercolor paper). B: Maybe go down to a 250ml water jar. C: Leave the paint tubes in the hotel - just fill your palette generously before you head out. or D: Get artist quality Half Pans - such as Windsor and Newton. (Expensive! but convenient :) E: Only bring 4 -6 sheets of pre-taped paper. You don't need a whole sketchpad or an entire block - you can't do more than 6 sketches a day if you're spending an hour on a sketch :)

People who've seen me lugging heaps of gear will be surprised how small I've gotten it down lately!

If you really don't want to bring all the plien-air painting gear (like the tripod and drawing boards) - at least for sure bring a watercolor paper sketchbook. I like Handbook and Moleskine. And please, no waterbrushes. You cannot control a paint mix with a water brush - it adds water at random times! Plus the nylon tips are yucky.

More news as I get my lecture notes together ~m

Comments

• hello, Marc! I am gonna do your workshop. I am goona try to get the paper you are asking here in Rio. A hug . Francisco